Vice President, HSEC – Potosi Department, Bolivia
New Pacific Metals Corp. is hiring for an highly effective VP of Health, Safety, Environment, and Community to join our fast developing Silver Sand project in Potosi Department, Bolivia. Reporting to the COO, the VP of HSEC will be responsible for local government and community relations, environmental affairs, sustainability and all the other aspects related to corporate responsibility in the Company’s operating jurisdiction.
· Lead the HSEC team to proactively plan CSR strategies, maintain positive relationships with the local government and communities, and solve community relations issues
· Manage the permitting process for current and potential projects
· Work closely with the HSEC team to implement environmental and safety measures and initiatives
· Develop appropriate corporate social programs that are align with corporate culture and objectives
· Manage the CSR aspect of corporate governance and legal reporting requirements
· Provide regular reporting to senior management and the board on CSR initiatives and manage the CSR annual budgeting process
· Design and author company’s inaugural annual CSR/ESG report
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a similar role with significant exposure to operations within the mining industry
· Proven success in implementing CSR initiatives in a new jurisdiction
· Exposure in permitting process, corporate affairs, and environmental and safety initiatives in Latin America
· Highly adaptable to ever changing high-demand work environment
· Spanish fluency and experience working in Latin America
· Must be dynamic, self-motivated with demonstrated leadership and managerial experience
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to work closely with community stakeholders (and in the communities as required)
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
· FIFO Vancouver head office (or based at La Paz Bolivia) with extensive travel/rotations (about 60%) to our projects in Bolivia.
· Projects are based at elevations ranging from ~3000-4500 meters elevations.
New Pacific offers a competitive remuneration package and opportunities within a dynamic international mining exploration company. If this role sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.